12.09.2008

oh, me.

Seriously scary...four years + four days ago …

“Finding a job sucks! You know what I don't like? How everyone says, 'What you get your degree in really doesn't matter, it's the college education that counts.' Okay..but...that doesn't necessarily work when you're trying to find something right after graduation. You need EXPERIENCE in the field you're working in!! ... How can I get experience if I can't even get my foot in the door b/c my resume may not have all the qualifications they're looking for. I think I have them anyway! I'm a quick learner,and probably have one of the strongest work ethic's of people my age … Grrr! Oh well...we'll see what happens, I guess. But I don't think this is going to be an easy process for me.”

Same shit, different day.

2 comments:

meghan said...

It is scary stuff. I'm there with you, but we need only look to our friends who have jobs to know that it IS possible. I swear. I hope. Eek!

Anonymous said...

it is! i was so confident at the beginning of my job search that it would be easy, but alas. it will be hard, but when you are least expecting it, things will fall into place. =]
...thinking of you as i watch ice skaters in bryant park from the window in my office...