8.19.2008

Neuroses

Go through this web site and see how many of these you do. It’s a little scary how many of these I identify with. Here is a sampling of things people do that I also do:

“I eat candy bars in sections. For example when I eat a Milky Way I first eat off the chocolate, then I eat the nougat and lastly I eat the caramel. My husband makes fun of me for this, but I think that it tastes better in sections.” (I have a weird way to eat most sweets. I try and stay away from them in general, but I do this with Twix, Kit Kat, or any of the various Little Debbie things. Of course I also eat Skittles and M&Ms in order of least to favorite colors. Skittles = Yellow, Orange, Purple, Green, Red. M&Ms = Brown, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Green. I also have to eat cupcakes or muffins by eating the bottom stem part first, then the top section. )

“I can’t open Pillsbury Pop n Fresh crescent rolls without holding it at arms length and turning my head squinting my eyes. With all that preparation, I still jump when it pops.” (Additionally, I am terrified of champagne bottle corks hitting me. I will not open champagne bottles, and I shield my eyes/head when someone opens one. Luckily I don’t have champagne in my life that often.)

“I have to have the programs running on my computer open in a certain order. If a program has to shut down for some reason and restarting it will put it in the wrong spot, I’ll close down the other programs to put it in the right order. I also do this with the tabs in my internet browser, certain sites have to be open in a certain order. If they are out of order I rearrange them to be correct." (I didn’t realize I did this one – but my Outlook has to be on the far left, then iTunes if it’s open, then my internet browser. I don’t care about the tabbed part of this one, though.)

“When I pause something on tv and someone’s face is on the screen, I have to make sure that they are wearing an attractive facial expression. If their face is all scrunched up or their eyes or closed or something, I have to play, pause, play, pause until they look nice.” (Haha, this one made me laugh – I do this too, I feel bad for the actor that I would leave them looking goofy)

“I am completely freaked out by lots of small holes in things. Like for example a tree trunk full of small holes all grouped together, or say lots of small holes across a lawn. Makes my skin crawl, and I can’t stop itching for ages afterwards.”

AGH THAT LAST ONE IS THE WORST.

Anywho. I love learning about other people's little quirks so this web site is endless amounts of fun - the comments section is also pretty entertaining.

PS - I would love to be in the car with this person: "While driving I must scream at the top of my lungs when any driver passes me on the right. " aaahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

3 comments:

meghan said...

"drains completely gross me out. i get a mini panic attack if i even imagine a person touching, stepping on…basically coming in contact with a drain. if i touched a drain i would probably go into cardiac arrest."

[slightly convulsing at the thought of this. eek.]

Unknown said...

"Every time i enter a new building, i immediately assess it for survivability and defense in the case of a zombie attack... I also look for various objects that can be used for weapons, and, when bored, go over in my mind a working battle plan and assignment of orders for everyone else in the room."

and i love the comment:
"This is just common sense."

Anonymous said...

I love this website, and I love you for finding it.

AND I have found my soulmate:
"I cannot stand to watch characters in movies get humiliated. If I am on my own and watching something I have seen before I fast forward through the bad parts. If I am around others, I have to leave for a “bathroom break.”