8.05.2008

Reintroduction

The week since I have been back has covered so many things I love about here: Redskins, family, Payless, friends, grad school, free refills at restaurants, downtown DC, and more Redskins.

I got up on Thursday, had some coffee and read the sports section of the Post (full of Redskins info! LOVE IT!!!) then went to the gym for an hour. It actually felt really good to be back. I know, I can’t believe it either. We’ll see how long that feeling lasts. After the gym I came home and enjoyed a FANTASTIC shower in my own bathroom. It was nice to not have the water temp fluctuating about 20 degrees every 5 seconds (not really exaggerating here).

After a shower with one water temperature of my own choosing, I had some lunch and then snuggled into my bed to watch Anchorman. Since we spent the entire summer quoting it, it was great to finally be able to watch it again. After the majesty that is Ron Burgundy, I took a two hour nap. It was glorious.

Frank Benson made his incredible grilled salmon for dinner, and all was right with the world.

Friday I had every intention of going to the gym again – but lunch and a nap won out. Oh well. Friday night Meghan, Matt, Jess and I met up in Dupont for dinner and drinks. We went to La Tomate for dinner then headed down to Vapiano for a drink. Then we went back to Ben’s house (where Jess is staying for the summer) and met up with Franklin to watch Tivo’d SYTYCD episodes and have a few more drinks. An excellent evening all around.

Saturday I had a meeting with my GAMS officers, and was named President of GAMS! WOO! For those that don’t know, GAMS stands for Graduate Arts Management Society – it’s the official association of our degree program. So that was unexpected and exciting. It felt good to start making plans for the semester too, and talking about familiar things and people and all that.

That night my parents and I watched the Hall of Fame induction ceremony which, as a Redskins fan, was amazing. Not only for the honors that Darrell Green and Art Monk received, but also for the overwhelming boos that the crowd (mostly made up of Skins fans) gave Michael Irvin. HA! There’s no place or time or situation where we won’t show our hatred for that stupid team. I love it.

Sunday my parents and I went to Dulles Town Center to do a little shopping and I got 3 pairs of flats at Payless to replace the ones that got completely wrecked in London. I am in love with that city, but I wouldn’t call it clean. Anywho, spent the evening cheering on the Redskins as we watched the Hall of Fame game against the Colts. Honest to goodness, I really had that “first day of school” feeling watching the game; seeing all the familiar faces on the sidelines and on the field, and of course learning new names and numbers. And get this – WE WON THE GAME! HAIL!

Monday night I went to dinner with Tara and Mandy at the jazzy-fancy Panera in Fairfax and caught up with them. Today, my dad and I went to the Dominion Brew Pub for lunch, which is one of my favorite places to go. And tonight I had dinner with none other than our favorite mom-to-be, Kelley! It was lovely to see her, she looks amazing and I am so excited for those boys to come into the world.

Other little highlights of the week include: watching Arrested Development DVDs, not converting the time into 17 other time zones, not doubling the price of something to get the real price, and having Cherry Coke Zero back in my life. See, I said little.

No comments: