what's going on? i dunno, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.
1. work is full-steam-ahead until our conference in january. in addition to conference-related work, there are webinars, meetings (with 50 people), grants, classical music recitals, leadership workshops and much more to run. so i'm busy, and challenged in a good way. as long as i keep getting enough sleep. if that stops, i'll either rip someone's face off or just cry for 12 hours straight. it really could go either way....so here's hoping i keep getting those 8* hours a night.
2. i started with a new trainer at the gym, and will be going twice a week, at least for the next couple of months. i got my ass handed to me last night, but i think it'll be good. an immediate mood improvement has already occurred, and i hope it will continue.
3. i don't think my apartment has been clean in months. i work up the wherewithal to clean bits at a time, but it never stays that way for long. i'm not sure if i'll ever outgrow my messiness. it might just be one of those (unfortunate) things.
4. HOW THE FUCK IS THANKSGIVING NEXT WEEK!?!?
5. shoutout to meghan housley for being awesome.
6. there's an Associate happy hour at work tomorrow, and i'm still invited even though i'm a manager now :) sometimes the new dynamic feels a bit clunky (b/c i'm awkward and over-analyze everything) but it clearly hasn't done any real damage and i'm happy about that. and soon will be half in the tank about it, probably.
7. related to #1, i'll be in NYC in two weeks, and on friday the 30th i get to have (an early) dinner with ro. excitement!! i know i'll see her next week at our home turf of restonia, but hang out times in different cities are always fun. (see also: new orleans) also while in new york? i get to go see this with some of my colleagues. so amped.
8. ke$ha's new song is my JAM.
*let's be real, it's more like 10.