5.10.2010

H is for Holy Crap: The Squeakuel

I don’t even know how to start this one. Here are some options:

1: 16 months. Sixteen. Months.

2: That far-off shouting you heard a couple of weeks ago was me.

3: I wasn’t crying, it was just raining on my face. I had something in both my eyes.

4: There’s a reason I got a Droid Incredible.

Pick your favorite, and proceed.

So, I don’t really know who reads this, other than, like 4 specific people. But I can guess that anyone other than those 4 people probably knows what I’ve been going through for the past 16 months: lots of frustration, tears, hope, disappointment, learning, building of character, and unequivocally the craziest and unbelievable-est amount of love and support from friends and family.

It all came to a head a few weeks ago, when I found out I had actually done it.

I finally got a job. In the arts.

I’m trying to not put too much stock in one job, but…this sort of validates everything I’ve been doing and going through for the past two and a half years. Yes, it was that long ago that I chose to quit my job and go back to school for something I truly cared about; two and a half years of trying to start a career.

It’s finally starting.

It feels so good to just say that. It feels better to tell you that today was my first day, and it went great. I can’t wait to go back tomorrow.

5 comments:

meghan said...

The amount of LOVE and PRIDE I have for you totally makes me look past the fact that you actually titled this "The Squekuel." Most others would be shunned and mocked for doing such a thing. But not you. Because you're awesome.

Jones' said...

I'm still reading all about you and your life. So happy for you. And so glad you are happy. I think it is part of being raised in Reston and having everyone always tell us we can do anything...we just don't have that "I'll go to work for work sake" attitude. We want to dream and dream big and then be happy damn it! Good for you my dear.

Dan said...

Reading this, I was almost upset that blogger doesn't have a "Like this" button, but then I figured it doesn't matter because I LOVE this. And LOVE you. love love love, I want your love... (if lady gaga is now in your head... my job here is done!)

KK said...

Squee! I'm so glad the first day went well :) I'm SO proud that you worked until you found something that is what you wanted. LOVE. So much of it!

ro! said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!
<3